- Orxonox is a cross platform open source 3D game, programmed in C++
- Orxonox is developed by students at the ETH Zürich
- PPS students go here
- You can contact us in the forum or in IRC (webclient)
- Mailing lists: announce (for everyone), dev (for developers), ticket (Ticket changes) and commit (for coders)
- The team behind Orxonox
- We use SVN for revision control (code and media)
- Instructions on how to build the game from source.
- If you want to help us, feel free to contact us. Read this for a short introduction
- Found a bug? Tell us in the forum or create a ticket
- Read this to learn about wiki formatting
- Read the sections below about programming and content creation for detailed information
This section is about model creation, design, sound and everything that is somehow related to the game content.
- Overview - Read about the current state of content creation. If you want a brief overview, this is the place to start.
- Universe - All about the Orxonox universe. Learn about the planets, factions, people and the technology in the game.
- Guidelines - The guidelines in place to promote a consistent style through out the game.
- Gallery - Here, you can see what our content creation team has achieved so far. Take a look at futuristic spaceships and fancy aliens.
- Story - Read what happens in the game. Spoiler Alert!
- Tutorials - Do you want to learn about the software we use for modelling and level design? Or would you like to create your own 3d-model? Go on and try some of our tutorials, it's easy to learn!
- Alphabetical List of Content-Related Pages - If you are looking for something specific, you will find it in this index.
- Content Creation Board - Visit the board about content creation on our forums.
Here you find all information about how to write code for Orxonox.
- Follow the instructions at the download page
- Modules - Get an overview of our Framework
- Documentation - A documentation of all our libraries and classes
- Libraries - An overview of the external libraries
- API Reference - An automatically generated reference of classes, functions, macros and other stuff
- HowTo - This page covers several topics and explains how to do things
- FAQ - Check out the FAQ to get answers on frequent questions
- Styleguide - Please read and follow the Styleguide to create readable and useful code
- Commenting your source code in a professional way is very important.
- Standard C++ library - Have a look at the standard C++ library, strings and STL containers are very useful
- Performance - Learn how to write fast code
- SVN - Our revision control tool. You should know how to use it
- CMake - Our build tool (forget about makefiles)
- Buildsystem - Build settings for CMake
- KDevelop3 - An open source IDE
- EclipseIDE - Another fine IDE
- Debugging - Some information about various debuggers
- Other Tools - A list of other development tools
- Useful Links
- An incomplete wiki overview: ~archive, code, content, code/howto, people, pps, TitleIndex
List of dev-pages