Here you find all information about how to write code for Orxonox.
- Follow the instructions at the download page
- Modules - Get an overview of our Framework
- Documentation - A documentation of all our libraries and classes
- Libraries - An overview of the external libraries
- API Reference - An automatically generated reference of classes, functions, macros and other stuff
- HowTo - This page covers several topics and explains how to do things
- FAQ - Check out the FAQ to get answers on frequent questions
- Styleguide - Please read and follow the Styleguide to create readable and useful code
- Commenting your source code in a professional way is very important.
- Standard C++ library - Have a look at the standard C++ library, strings and STL containers are very useful
- Performance - Learn how to write fast code
- SVN - Our revision control tool. You should know how to use it
- CMake - Our build tool (forget about makefiles)
- KDevelop3 - An open source IDE
- EclipseIDE - Another fine IDE
- Debugging - Some information about various debuggers
- Other Tools - A list of other development tools
This section is about model creation, design, sound and everything that is somehow related to the game content.
- Overview - Read about the current state of content creation. If you want a brief overview, this is the place to start.
- Universe - All about the Orxonox universe. Learn about the planets, factions, people and the technology in the game.
- Guidelines - The guidelines in place to promote a consistent style through out the game.
- Gallery - Here, you can see what our content creation team has achieved so far. Take a look at futuristic spaceships and fancy aliens.
- Story - Read what happens in the game. Spoiler Alert!
- Tutorials - Do you want to learn about the software we use for modelling and level design? Or would you like to create your own 3d-model? Go on and try some of our tutorials, it's easy to learn!