Ticket #213 (new enhancement)
Enhance Vertical-scroller mode
|Reported by:||bknecht||Owned by:||bensch|
|Priority:||high||Milestone:||Old Orxonox tickets orx-v0|
Our present Vertical Scroller mode is pretty boring. We have the minimum what a vertical scroller needs so we have to enhance it with revolutionary ideas.
The goal of this enhancement is to make the game experience during vertical scroller parts of Orxonox more interesting and exciting. We want to reach this goal by modules which can tell the story, exciting camera rides, change of perspective and probably some non-linearity.
We want to combine the easy concept of the vertical scroller with the freedom of the 3D perspective.
The following points are ideas, how to enhance the vertical scroller mode. You can of course think of more or other things to do. The points are here to give you a genereal idea how you can attack the problem.
- Fix and enhance the track or find a better solution to keep the ship on its 2-dimensional track.
- Find a way to seperate the vertical scroller mode from the spaceship as it is now. It's a bit hacked.
- See if you want to use the scripting engine for the track. An idea is to generate script triggers with track points.
- Implement a spline into the track class.
- Figure out some exciting camera angles and try to make the environment work in this angle.
- You can also change the way of controlling the ship while playing and stuff.
For further question and ideas please contact a PPS-leader