Platform & 3D API support
- OpenGL support
- Linux, Windows (all major versions) and Mac OSX support
- Builds on gcc 3+ on Linux / Mac OSX (using XCode)
Material / Shader support
- Powerful material declaration language
- Load textures from PNG, JPEG, TGA or BMP
- Textures can be provided and updated in realtime
- Material LOD support; your materials can reduce in cost as the objects using them get further away
- Export from many modelling tools including Blender, Milkshape3D, 3D Studio Max and Maya as .obj/.mtl and md2 files
- Linear 3D animation module
- Powerful and fast ParticleEngine, including easily extensible emitters. Uses billboarding.
- Algorith to create an Object-Aligned-Bounding-Box out of a vertices-soup
- OBB obj-obj collision detection
- Quadtree separation on the terrain, triangle-OBB collision detection for terrain-obj collisions.
- Powerful and simple Event Handling System, supporting different states and many input devices like mouse, joystick, joypad and keyboard
- Support for skyboxes, skyplanes and skydomes, very easy to use
- Easy to use XML and ini reader/writer.
- Powerful scripting engine.