Content Creation Tutorials
This page has been created especially for the PPS students and other people, who would like to contribute to Orxonox. We have collected many tutorials on the various programs that are used for Orxonox' development. For modelling, we use Blender, a very powerful program, if you know all its trick and learn the hotkeys. 2d-work will be done in GIMP, a image editing program, that can definitely be compared to Photoshop. The rest of the work can probably done with a text editor; here everyone has its own preferences.
Modelling and Texturing Tutorials
- Blender Tutorials - This is where you want to start to be able to model
- GIMP Tutorials - Textures will be created with GIMP
- Particle System Tutorial - Look here on how to create new particle systems and integrate them into Orxonox
Level Design Tutorials
- Level Design Tutorials - Learn Lua and XML here to create levels for Orxonox.
For previous versions of Orxonox, these tutorials are available.
- LevelHowTo - How to compose levels for Orxonox and add them to the menu
- GTKRadiant BSP Level Creation - This a knowledge tank about creating bsp models (Q3 levels)
- Demo Basics - Some tips of how to make good demos
- GametypeHowTo - How to create a new gametype (as newbie)