This is a list of recommended tutorials for Blender. If you know a good tutorial and cannot find it here, just add it to the list.
Orxonox Blender Tutorials
- Styleguide for Modeling - Basic rules to follow when modeling for Orxonox
- Getting Started with Blender - Helpful, if you have never worked with Blender before.
- Texturing with Blender - Showing you how to unwrap your model and create a texture for it.
- Smoothing with Blender - Learn how to smooth your Object, so it looks less chiseled.
- Export Objects from Blender to Orxonox - Export and view your models ingame.
- Blender Hotkey Reference - A short list of useful hotkey for the average modeler.
- Blender Knowledge Base and FAQ
Tutorials for Beginners
- Blender User Interface - Learn about the User Interface
- Interface concept - Video tutorial about the interface
- 3D Viewport - Another video tutorial about how to navigate in 3d space.
- Character modeling - A video tutorial to make a basic character. Cool thing: The first quarter of the video can also be applied to space ships or other models.
- Noob to Pro - A well-arranged set of beginner's tutorials and a very good place to start learning. Definitely worth looking at.
- Tutorial Compilation - Very good compilation of tutorials on all aspects of 3d work.
- Edge Tools - An article from the Blender documentation on the use of advanced edge tools.
- Ogre Mesh Exporter Manual - How to get the best results from Blender into Ogre with the mesh exporter.
- Ogre Manual: Materials - First chapter explaining the Ogre Materials.
- UV Mapping & Texturing - Learn the basics about uv-mapping here. Probably good to understand the concept of uv-mapping.
- How to unwrap a Spaceship
- LSCM UV Mapping - Video tutorial about uv-mapping your model.
- normal maps - A guide to normal maps
- Create and use normal maps with Blender - A quick and easy guide to create your first normal map.
- Key Frames and IPO Curves - Learn how to animate objects with this video tutorial.
- Tufts Animation Tutorials - 11 Video Tutorials on Animation as Real Media files.
- Studio-Styled Presentation - Showcase your 3D Models with a Basic Studio-Styled Setup
- Smooth Groups - A short article about smooth groups in Games. Good explanation, but a strange solution.
How to export to Ogre
- http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/OgreXmlConverter - Use this tool to convert the .mesh.xml to a binary .mesh.