All source code of Orxonox is licensed under the GNU GPL v2. All code and libraries we use and link our project with have to be released under a similar license which assures the same rights.
As a user you are allowed to download, use and distribute our code for free without restrictions. As a developer, you are required to release your code under the same license or a compatible one, if you use our code in one of your projects, which you release. For more specific information check out the GPL FAQ.
All content (except for the source code) of Orxonox is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Sharealike 2.5 license. Content from other sources needs to be under a license which assures the same (or more) rights.
To sum it up, this means you are free to:
- copy, distribute, display, and perform the work
- make derivative works
You have to respect the following
- Attribution: You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor.
- Share Alike: If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under a license identical to this one.
- For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work.
- Any of these conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.